Perform on-site analysis, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, installation, and repair of MST systems. Independently researches and resolves basic to moderately complex technical problems. Collaborate with other MST teams to resolve more complex problems. Initial assignments are designed to expand practical experience in applying systems analysis techniques and procedures. The incumbent will be responsible for customer satisfaction by building and maintaining key site contact relationships to better understand and respond to business needs. Coordinate and support the implementation of hardware and software installations. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Independently performs daily diagnostics, troubleshooting and repairs to MST hardware and software and network infrastructure component;
• Maintains and is accountable for inventory of MST assets, equipment presentation and standard;
• Provide timely response and resolution to assigned tickets and work orders within designated service level agreement;
• Build and maintain positive customer relationship, communicates proactively with key customer management resources and ensures satisfaction of support services provided;
• Provide information and oversight to 3rd Party Vendors, and guidance to store management, on proper support and maintenance of equipment along with ensuring MST wiring infrastructure standards are followed;
• Acquire and apply new knowledge and skills as needed to support POS, PC, RF, Communication and MST system;
• Travel independently within defined region routinely, or nationally as needed;
• Provide after hours and/or weekend on call support via telephone or site dispatch as needed. Provide holiday and other unscheduled support as business needs arise;
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of one year of equivalent experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Intermediate level knowledge of PC's, including a good understanding of full , the ability to use Windows Operating System, Windows Office products and communication software
• Responsibilities include all PC, Laptop, Printer and Telephony support needs including all Moves-Adds and Changes
• Solid Networking and network wiring trouble shooting skills
• Telephony/VOIP experience including Provisioning Manager experience to manager all IP connected telephones
• Must be able to provide additional support to surrounding area technicians and Macys selling locations
• LAN/WAN On Call support for Macys/Bloomingdales is also a requirement once associate becomes acquainted with all supporting hardware and software systems
• Demonstrates intermediate level and understanding of underlying business processes and requirements including knowledge of related systems, interfaces and dependencies
• A+ Training recommended but not required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read, write and interpret business and technical documents
• Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business both in writing and verbally
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and be able to prioritize work load and problem tickets based on business priorities
• Recognize an emergency situation and take appropriate action
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, seeing, talking, climbing ladders/stairs, twisting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, crouching, bending from waist and knees, reaching above shoulders and overhead
• The position also involves regular moving/pushing/pulling/carrying items up to 75 pounds and lifting items under 45 pounds from floor to waist
• Involve use of hands and fingers for writing, typing on a keyboard and using a mouse
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception and focus adjustment
• Ability to effectively learn and use new programming concepts, tools, and methodology to support the needs of the business and understanding of emerging technologies, systems development best practices and analytical tools
• Intermediate level leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels with a strong customer focus, conflict resolution, negotiation, and consensus building skills
• Intermediate level of teamwork skills and the ability to effectively share technical information and train and mentor less experienced or knowledgeable team members
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Basic conflict resolution, negotiation and consensus building skills
• Independent decision making for troubleshooting and resolving issues in assigned sites, escalating to more senior team members and/or management as needed
• Responsible for ensuring 3rd party vendors meet documented work requirements and results adhere to MST expectations and guidelines
• Prioritize work load and problem tickets, responding with the appropriate urgency based on business impact.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.