SVP of Product Engineering leads all engineering applications/systems, services and teams that deliver the end-to-end customer experiences across all Macys selling channels which includes online, mobile, digital in stores, PoS etc. Responsible for all stacks of software engineering – UI, web applications, services, integration etc. The software engineering functions includes development, QE, project management, performance, release management etc. Responsible for evangelizing the pillars of truth for technology strategy, technical principles, guidelines and ensuring that these are implemented in the actual software solutions built across engineering teams. Provides full ownership of customer experiences for millions of Macy’s customers namely, big web, mobile web, mobile apps, store apps, PoS systems, enterprise micro services & capabilities, Direct to consumer systems, Order management and processing and other supporting systems. Perform other duties as assigned.
4-5 VPs reporting direct to the position. The overall team size would be 600+ employees and contractors.
• Drives engineering excellence and develops and executes technology strategy & architectural guidelines through extensive collaboration with cross-functional technology teams such as Enterprise Platform, Architecture, DaaS, Reporting, Support, compute & operations, process and partnership, as well as business functions such as like Product management, UX, merch and marketing etc. Own the technology roadmap for the systems and responsible for delivering successful projects for these systems.
• Reduce cost of ownership for the technology solutions/applications by consolidating & transforming heterogeneous systems into shared and enterprise capabilities to create a consistent and frictionless experience across all customer channels.
• Automate through careful design and risk management, applying modern technologies like AI/ML, AR/VR, BOTS etc. Cloud migration and evolution of the applications by reducing time to market through fast Build-Measure-Learn cycles.
• Technical leader of engineering teams, responsible for hiring, retaining, mentoring and evolving talent for now and in the future.
• Mentor and coach leaders reporting to the position and all manager positions.
• Provides direction and directives to direct reports in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving company initiatives.
• Maintain strategic partnerships and drive joint initiatives with the corporate divisions: Stores, Customer Service, IT, and Marketing.
• Monitor emerging technologies and manage current relationships with 3rd party technology vendors.
• Manage capital and expense budgets in excess of $150 million annually.
• Responsible for portfolio and resource planning.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• MA/MS and BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field strongly preferred
• Overall 15+ years of experience in the software development and high volume enterprise systems
• 10+ years of experience in managing and overseeing enterprise level programs, which require extensive collaboration across various groups in a matrix organization
• 10+ years of extensive Java / JEE design and architecture experience with a focus on server side
• 10+ years of experience with open source technology technologies preferably within a high volume eCommerce environment
• Expertise in architecture & development application and platform components based on services architecture
• Experience in building scalable, high performing and robust eCommerce applications (with a focus on Java)
• Experience and knowledge of cloud enabled services / applications.
• Experience effectively managing a large capital and expense budget
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and analytical skills
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching
• May involve close vision, colorvision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
• Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse
• May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds
• Ability to balance short term tactical decisions with long term strategic thinking
• Successfully work in a fast paced Agile environment, delivering functional features in small time durations
• Demonstrable leadership abilities in changing, ambiguous and challenging situations
• Ability to see potential issues and requirements ahead of time, plan and execute them
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.