At Macy’s, we’re moving fast—we’re at top speed to become America’s premiere omni-channel retailer. Macy’s technology hub, Macy’s Systems and Technology (MST) strives to set the pace by providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s customers. MST is creating innovative technology solutions to support these experiences and define the future of retailing.
Macy’s Systems & Technology is seeking an eCommerce Operations Engineer. This is an entry level position that assists in the eCommerce Infrastructure Operations organization who has some infrastructure knowledge. Under guidance, supports the operations and management teams in providing general system and application administration, deployment support, incident response support, and technical troubleshooting support of complex eCommerce systems that conform to MST standards and methodology. Provide deployment execution support to all infrastructure components of the non-production environments. Possess technical knowledge of all areas that support the eCommerce systems, including operating systems, network, security, and storage. Communicate effectively with peers, managers, and other support personnel and teams providing operational support for macys.com and bloomingdales.com. The incumbent will have the ability to learn general concepts in all areas that support the eCommerce systems, including operating systems, network, security, and storage. Share knowledge effectively within the work team. Cooperate with and works effectively with MST colleagues. Adhere to standards.
• Assists with monitoring technical health of production ecommerce websites, analyzes data, and initiates escalation activities when required.
• Assists with the deployment of new code and configuration changes across all infrastructure components of the ecommerce production systems.
• Under guidance, assists with and provides initial triage and troubleshooting support for stability incidents and issues across all non-production and production systems.
• Assists with the review of documentation for technical and process compliance.
• Communicates via e-mail, chat, and voice with technical and non-technical partners across MST and MCOM.
• Candidates for this role participates in the decision making process for stability incident escalation and communication.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred and 0-1 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience and BS in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience
• UNIX experience (AIX, Linux)
• Development background
• Monitoring tools: Splunk, ITCAM, DynaTrace, KeyNote, Nagios
• Devops Chef/Puppet &Git
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking . May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
• Using hand and fingers for writing, typing and using a mouse, moving /lifting items under 10 pounds
• Skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Lotus Notes or MS Outlook
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.