The Retention Marketing Team is responsible for managing the customer contact strategy, lifecycle, and end to end execution for all digital retention channels – Email, Mobile, and Site Targeted Content. The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the end to end execution and delivery for Email, SMS, Push, and Site Targeted Content communication. They will manage the production workflow for all Retention Marketing tactics working with cross functional teams, identify areas of opportunity across workflow efficiencies, support omni-channel initiatives for Macy’s, as well as perform other duties as assigned.
• Oversee creation, day to day operations, and testing of direct to customer email, mobile and site targeted communication – marketing, registry, credit and customer service, and 3rd party messaging by managing content delivery tracking, assembly, previewing, testing, and publishing email jobs for Macys.com, Macy’s Wedding Registry, and Macy’s International Shipping emails. Manage productivity improvement process across tactics by tracking on time delivery and accuracy of delivered content and introduce efficiencies to optimize workflows and cross functional partnerships.
• Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including Marketing CRM, Marketing Strategy, Creative, Site Merchandising, Content Engineering, and Quality Engineering teams and be primary day to day contact for Retention Marketing tactic Vendors’ production and QA teams, managing status of daily campaign operations.
• Develop into a subject matter expert with the Macy’s Content Management System as well as vendor production tools and eventually become the point of contact for training, user issues, escalating system issues, and requesting enhancements.
• Customer Experience Management – determining if messages to our customers make sense, making recommendations to improve both functionality and creative execution.
• QA email content within the Content Management System and against all major browsers and ISPs; manage all email test cases; QA and second set Mobile and Site Targeted Content campaign set up against calendar events and audience as determined by CRM partners.
• Assist in trouble shooting and communicating internal CMS and external vendor tool issues with internal support team and recommend enhancements for improved production efficiency.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance, punctuality, and accountability for all areas of essential functions and given assignments.
• 1-2 years of experience in online marketing or project management;
• BA/BS college degree is required; concentration in Marketing a plus;
• Experience or knowledge of HTML and database applications is a strong plus;
• Must have demonstrable computer skills and aptitude for technology, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint;
• Knowledge of email, mobile, Internet and direct marketing methods.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents;
• Ability to maintain and enforce documentation.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and analytical skills.
• Proven analytical abilities are a must
• Ability to independently handle and filter issues and questions from various teams
• Ability to problem solve when late changes or workflow issues arise; ability to reprioritize workload to flawlessly execute upon shifts in campaign or business requirements
• Ability to manage multiple projects with various deadlines simultaneously
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
Ability to escalate issues and pushback as needed
• This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
• May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds
• Self-starter with strong organization skills with the ability to self-manage and work independently;
• Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines in a cross-functional, team-based environment;
• Must be organized and detail oriented;
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills;
• Ability to escalate issues and pushback as needed;
• Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.