A Development Tech Lead is a hands-on technical lead who is comfortable coding 80% of his / her day while also overseeing the daily work of the development team. This includes providing the ongoing direction and design of the application suite. This person is a leader, who also loves to code. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of larger companies. Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving Agile methodology, help tracking the current tasks of the team members, and escalating issues as needed. A development tech lead will need to have strong background in Java Web Services, Micro-services, REST APIs, Spring framework and Messaging techniques. Having worked with some Big Data and NoSQL is a plus. Public Cloud work is a strong plus related to Micro-services. Other skills needed for this position are Nodes JS, Backbone, JQuery and Handlebar templates. Code quality using practices like TDD, DevOps a strong plus.
The successful applicant will work closely with Business Analysts, other Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, and Support Engineers in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget.
• Work in a full Lean/Agile collaborative environment - including interactive discussions, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
• Own end to end testing strategy for large, complex projects which involve multiple teams and systems.
• Collaborate with Business Analysts and PMs to estimate and plan work, provide status updates to stakeholders and executives.
• Work with senior developers, software architects and business partners to resolve development roadblocks.
• Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
• Own the relationships with key supporting teams.
• Report critical issues to management effectively, timely, and with clarity.
• Hands-on system design and development as needed.
• Hands-on mentoring of the team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 5 years experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 3 years experience
• 5+ years of full life cycle hands-on experience designing and developing large scale web applications on high traffic Internet site(s)
• 5+ years Spring Dependency Injection and other core Spring features
• 5+ years of performance testing, tuning and analysis experience, in the web development industry ideally in the retail space
• An Object Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO design patterns
• 3+ Years of hands on experience using APM tools like (DynaTrace, Splunk, Librato)
• Strong experience with LoadRunner/JMeter/any other load generation tools
• Experience with UML modeling and effective communication for design reviews
• Passionate advocate of TDD practices a strong plus
• Ability to clearly write technical specifications
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles
• Strong estimating and planning skills
• Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget
• Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.