The Associate Merchandise Manager- Sitewide is responsible for achieving customer satisfaction by proper merchandising of enterprise strategy and optimizing content on the web site. The Associate Merchandise Manager, Sitewide uses web analytics to drive merchandising initiatives and strategies. Their primary objective is to optimize and align the customer’s discovery and selection of products by providing innovative tools and methods to refine the customers purchase to fit their needs. The Associate Merchandise Manager- Sitewide will collaborate with Merchant and Marketing partners to deliver the sales plan, utilizing web analytics, experimentation and new self-service visual tools. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Plan, align and execute enterprise strategies for each season. Develop a best in class strategy for customer journey, incorporating enhancements, new site experience opportunities focused on friction free
• Be an advocate and influencer of business partners through the socialization of strategies and storytelling
• Identify and implement opportunities based on competitive research and self-service tools
• Identify personal development goals. Utilize time to seek additional training to address self-development opportunities
• Prioritize requests from business partners based on business case
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Minimum 3 years of experience in on line merchandising or/and retail experience preferred
• Experience in web analytics tools preferably-Coremetrics
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to present and influence immediate team and across functions
• Strong presentation and storytelling skills required, including Microsoft Powerpoint skills
• Must have strong analytical skills
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to translate Analytical data /website metrics into strategy
• Must be self-motivated
• Ability to work well independently within a multi- functional, multi campus team, action-oriented, creative problem solvers, with a keen understanding of their role in the overall workflow
• Must be able to work effectively on a team
• This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and other office equipment
• Must be able to view complex data for extended periods of time
• Requires regular walking, standing, lifting up to 10 lbs., hearing, and talking
• Involves close vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
• When required, must have the ability to manage the physical demands of business travel
• Ability to work under pressure, handle changing priorities and simultaneously handle multiple priorities
• Deadline Driven. Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, E-mail, web content management system experience required
• Ability to make immediate sound decisions and when need able to influence peers and across functions
• Full Time – Ability to work a flexible schedule based on need
• Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.