This engineer will need to have a successful history of analysis, design and implementations in a business critical environment. This person will support the integrated development for all internal facing Web-based application projects. The primary area of focus will be blend of support and development, which includes the design, coding and testing of medium to large application components. The individual in this role will closely work with Technical Leads, Architects, other Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative environment. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Design, implement and unit test server-side JEE/Java code.
• Assist in onboarding new API end points, develop and enhance automation.
• Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
• Work with 3rd parties, Operations and IT teams to help support production environments.
• Work with business analysts to resolve complex end user ticket issues.
• Deliver project assignments on time, within budget and with high quality.
• Work with the Technical Lead to write and review technical specifications as required, meeting the objectives of functional specifications. Specifically, identifying specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures or functions as required.
• Collaborate with Architects and other Software Engineering resources in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions.
• Collaborate with Systems Support Analyst to resolve 3rd party questions and issues assist with portal enhancements/support. This would be to customize and support UI portal.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years experience in Client Dev/Support or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Computer Science with 3+ years experience
• 2+ years total experience as an engineer in a web environment doing development with Java/JEE
• Conversant in common Internet technologies and protocols (HTTP, SSL, OAuth, REST, JSON, XML, etc.), understanding the pros and cons of each
• Experience with REST/JSON (preferred) or SOA, SADs and Integration Patterns
• Working Experience in Python or any scripting knowledge
• Working knowledge in Spring Dependency Injection and other core Spring features
• Familiarity with Ant, Maven, and/or SVN is a plus
• Experience with Eclipse or similar IDE
• Good Understanding with Application and Web servers – aka JBOSS / Apache (Tomcat)
• Understanding with UML modeling and effective communication for design reviews
• Good sense of what is required of a great user interface
• Background developing on a Linux platform
• Experience with Agile and/or RUP methodologies
• Web experience in Retail would be a plus
• Retail, Mobile, Mashery, Apigee experience and analytics knowledge is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong estimating and planning skills
• Ability to learn complex system architecture and troubleshoot issues and isolate the problem and clearly write technical specifications
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking
• Working with a computer and mouse
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment
• Successful history of web projects delivered
• Working with employees, customers and management, often spinning multiple plates at once
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and business needs
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.