The Product Management team for the Stores Domain is focused on addressing pain points in store with KPIs such as increasing average value per visit, improving NPS, and increasing associate efficiency. This team delivers new or enhanced associate & consumer facing experiences. In partnership with business leadership, they define the roadmap for the program, pursue funding, and then represent the customer experience and business priorities to technical teams – to jointly collaborate & execute upon that vision. Product Managers also partners closely with stakeholders to ensure solutions are fully leveraged by the business. For the Hardware Strategy role, the Product Manager will need to thoroughly understand the current landscape / ecosystem of technology in our Macy’s & Bloomingdale’s stores. He/she will work with key partners internally who procure, manage & support the devices in our stores. Based on the consumer & associate experiences we plan to develop, the Hardware Strategy Product Manager will define next gen hardware requirements, and partner with vendors and internal teams to evaluate & vet options. This includes how & when we plan to trial hardware options, pursuing funding, and planning procurement. The Hardware Strategy product manager will also partner with other Stores Domain product managers to ensure the software we develop is built to run on the appropriate hardware. A successful Product Manager will be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development in a matrix organization. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Understand the current landscape / ecosystem of technology in our Macy’s & Bloomingdale’s stores as a foundation.
• Grasp the core problem spaces we are pursuing and possess the ability to match up and prioritize technologies / vendors within the right problem space(s).
• Rationalize and align folks on the right hardware strategy and prioritize / drive the roadmap. Examples of technology in the Hardware Strategy PdM’s evaluation spectrum would include: POS devices and all related peripherals, secure payment devices (fixed and sleds), handheld selling and retail tasking devices, RFID capable devices, mobile & fixed printers, customer facing kiosks or other self-service devices and other device types used in a retail environment.
• Stay on top of the marketplace & vendor community to help guide the team on possibilities / opportunities ahead of us.
• Effectively partner with industry device providers to understand and evaluate available retail hardware options that may prove to be useful for Macy’s Inc.
• Frame up, prioritize, and socialize ideas we want to explore / pursue (this may include developing opportunity assessments, financial models, etc as needed to support the idea definition).
• Effectively articulate & sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations.
• Present and secure approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary.
• Effectively partner with internal teams who procure, and manage & support hardware to evaluate & vet hardware options.
• While testing and once in production, evaluate to what extent the hardware selected does or does not meet our expectations/goals.
• Partner with other product managers to ensure the software we build is developed to run as intended on the chosen hardware (this will likely include reviewing treatments & recommending work needed to support the HW; inform requirements in areas such as as PCI compliance, PEN testing, where stress testing may be needed, etc).
• Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices in order to support new solutions.
• Manage expectations (negotiating appropriately - right people and right time, where necessary) to ensure a common understanding of where, when, and how solutions will be delivered.
• Is able to operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• College degree or equivalent work experience
• 5 years minimum of experience in one or more of the following areas: product or program management or other leadership/ownership role bridging HW & SW
• Retail experience strongly preferred
• Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong leadership profile, excellent prioritization and negotiation skills
• Decide the requirements and recommending technologies/vendors to pursue
• Other partners would participate in decisions around procuring/managing/supporting the hardware
• Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.