Macys.com is looking for a Product Manager to join our outstanding team in bringing new digital and omni-channel experiences to life, powered by machine learning. As a Product Manager, you will develop and execute on the product roadmap and drive results in the area of product recommendations. You will be an instrumental part of a team that addresses the complex task of serving recommendations at scale across the site, in-store, and beyond -- delivering more personalized, relevant experiences for our customers. Join the fun and make a wide-scale impact in a dynamic industry! The right candidate is a natural leader, has a proven track record of working and influencing in a cross-functional context, and using data to drive decision-making. They are curious, are customer-focused, and build strong and lasting partnership. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Own the entire product recommendations experience end-to-end from the way it is displayed (UI on both desktop and mobile) to the types of algorithms/recommendation models;
• Lead and work closely with a delivery team to build customer-centric features that deliver customer value as well as business value
• Own the roadmap for product recommendations by gathering and documenting requirements to create a deep detailed backlog of features that are prioritized;
• Understand the competitive landscape to inform product strategy;
• Assess opportunities and develop supporting business cases, including financial impact and benefits.
• Work with Product Design and UX Research to design compelling user experiences;
• Work closely with engineering to plan iterations and execute against the backlog in a Lean environment;
• Prioritize and triage defects.
• Define goals for the product and appropriate KPIs;
• Hind-sighting: Iterate based on learnings from quantitative and qualitative feedback;
• Assess incremental business benefit from features launched.
• Work cross-functional across a wide range of stakeholders including engineering, UX/design, data science, site merchandising, finance, legal etc. and lead appropriate working groups;
• Executive communication: Present updates on a regular basis to executive stakeholders;
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• College degree preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in product management or other product ownership role
• Experience with Machine Learning and AI preferred
• Experience with big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive etc.) a plus
• Experience with Lean development methodology is a plus
• Internet and retail experience a plus
• Working knowledge of SQL a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents;
• Skilled in communications and presentation to stakeholders at all levels and technical abilities.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong technical background (understanding of web and backend technologies)
• Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills
• Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems
• Final authority, consultation w/ peers, manager: Backlog prioritization, requirements, product feature design and experiment design
• Participate: development planning
• Advisory: roadmap recommendations, 3rd party partnerships
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.