A Staff Engineer is a hands-on subject matter expert who is responsible for the overall software design of many components within a system and can lead the technical implementation of multiple projects
The ideal candidate will have experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as in the structured world of larger companies. This Staff Engineer will need to have very strong Micro-services, REST APIs, and Messaging techniques. Having worked with some Big Data and NoSQL is a plus. Other skills needed for this position are Nodes JS, Backbone, JQuery and Handlebar templates. (Public Cloud work is a strong plus related to Micro-services) Code quality using practices like TDD, DevOps a strong plus, Chef or Puppet (Full Stack is useful) experience with PAAS a plus.
The successful applicant will work closely with Business Analysts, Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time. There will also be interaction with offshore teams.
• JEE/Java code
• Work in a full Agile collaborative environment - including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions
• Work with senior developers, tech leads, software architects and quality assurance engineers to resolve development roadblocks
• Work with distributed teams across various time zones
• Hands-on system design and development
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• BA/BS Degree required
• 8+ years of full life cycle J2EE hands-on experience designing and developing large scale web applications on high traffic Internet site(s)
• Experience working with multi-threaded programming in high performance, distributed environments
• Experience with object oriented principals and represent with diagrams
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability as a problem-solver
• Strong estimating and planning skills
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services environment
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.