The Analytics Team enables and empowers the macys.com organization with analytic insight to support planning, tactical execution and optimization of the customer experience. The Sr Analyst, Digital Analytics is responsible for supporting the Product Management, Marketing and Merchandising teams with reporting and analysis. This position is instrumental in developing and delivering business intelligence and presenting actionable reporting and analysis to support decision makers. Additionally, this position helps ensure our ability to deliver accurate and complete reporting by working with Technology and Marketing teams to instrument site content and functionality.
• Utilize analytics tools to answer business questions and report findings to key decision makers, producing ad hoc analysis and publishing reports and dashboards.
• Support Product Management and Marketing teams in identifying opportunities for improved site functionality and site monetization.
• Provide project hind-sighting, partner with Product Management to provide metrics input and assist with quantifying sales drivers from technology enhancements.
• Partner with Marketing and Customer Insights to provide a customer lens to web and mobile project analysis and insights.
• Synthesize impact of functionality enhancements to site metrics such as traffic and conversion, partner with Experimentation analytics to stay current on A/B testing projects.
• Work with Marketing Systems to identify reporting requirements for new site functionality and help create specifications for technology teams to implement correct analytics code.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS from a top 4-year program or equivalent work experience
• Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Economics or other quantitative field preferred
• 4+ years of experience with reporting and data analysis
• 2+ years of experience with website report development and site instrumentation using digital analytics vendor (IBM Coremetrics, Adobe Analytics, App Analytics Attribution, etc)
• Experience using data to develop business insights and recommendations
• Experience with SQL required, Tableau a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and analytical skills
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
• Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse
• May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds
• Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.