A Production Support Developer is a J2EE developer who is part of the Core team to provide application support of our ecommerce website and mobile application services platform. This position involves 70-80% of the time on production support activities and remaining on enhancement/development activities. Person should have a strong mindset of production support with development background. The activities include application design reviews, code reviews, writing code for enhancements and championing the operational readiness of mission critical applications before production launch. This position also requires the developer to constantly work on the aspects of stability and application profiling with a strong focus on triaging and troubleshooting chronic production issues. The successful applicant will closely work with Operations, Quality Engineering, Business Analyst, Development team and other technical teams in a highly collaborative environment to provide rapid response to production emergencies and fixes. Additional responsibilities include providing technical leadership for the offshore teams and contract team resources. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Provide production support to desktop and mobile application services platform.
• Design and Development of production fixes, application enhancements and software development projects.
• Be the representative on production calls for the application development team to track, manage, trouble-shoot and fix production issues both short term and long term.
• Provide on-call support on a rotation basis during off-hours as needed to supplement dedicated 24/7 team.
• Monitor production issue queue on a rotation basis and work with business team to prioritize, analyze and manage them to closure.
• Individually accountable for application design on assigned projects.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
• 6+ years of experience in full life cycle development of J2EE projects including Spring MVC, JSP and Servlets
• 4+ years of hands on experience on REST, SOAP services and SQL
• 4+ years of Application Stability & Profiling Skills (Java Core, Thread Dumps etc)
• 4+ years of hands on experience with any AppServer like IBM WebSphere, Weblogic
• 4+ years of experience with Eclipse, Ant, Maven, SVN is desired
• 2+ years of experience with Monitoring tools like DynaTrace, Splunk, CoRadiant, KeyNote is a strong plus
• eCommerce / Online Shopping technology is a must
• Retail domain experience is a strong plus
• Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and recommend solutions to all levels of business, sometimes during high stress situations
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills a must
• Ability to multitask required
• Ability and desire to strive in a proactive, high pressure, customer facing environment
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.