Lead the Loyalty Analytics & Insights team and drive ad-hoc and longitudinal customer analyses on loyalty and high-value customer initiatives; turn data into actionable insights and identify/drive opportunities. Perform other duties as assigned. The Manager understands strategic and business implications of customer analysis and is a strong story-teller.
• Design, execute, and manage research projects on Macy’s customers from various angles including but not limited to loyalty, credit, and segmentation. Identify new ideas and opportunities for customer loyalty and insights projects.
• Generate and synthesize quantitative customer data from multiple sources to develop comprehensive view of customer behavior and attributes; explore the most efficient ways to pull customer data.
• Provide senior management team with ad-hoc and longitudinal customer analyses on loyalty and high-value customer initiatives.
• Turn customer analysis into actionable insights and present to stakeholders across the company; provide recommendations on how to leverage customer insights to create value. Evangelize customer-centric view of the business.
• Work closely with internal business partners to apply insights to achieve business goals. Support marketing strategies targeted at specific customer segments; support marketing tactics by providing strategic customer profiles and proposing opportunities for customer targeting.
• Develop and manage production of customer reports.
• Manage staff to successfully deliver on objectives. Identify, develop, and elevate talent by providing mentorship and coaching.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS Degree in Marketing, Psychology, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related field required
• Advanced degree strongly preferred
• 5+ years of experience in customer analytics, preferably with e-commerce or other online business
• 2+ years of experience managing direct reports or leading teams with significant authority and responsibility
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent PowerPoint skills with ability to tell a story with the data and make complicated ideas understandable to a broad audience
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships and effectively collaborate with partners across all levels of the company
• Proficiency in SQL required; experience with Tableau, SAS and Hadoop a plus
• Experience with statistical modeling and significance testing a plus
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Candidate must be comfortable working independently to achieve a successful result with minimal guidance
• Ability to confidently handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
• Proven ability to turn data-driven insights into business value
• Previous experience with loyalty programs a plus
• Strong analytic skills with inclination and ability to solve complex problems
• Experience working with large, complex data sets with ability to structure, manipulate, and cleanse data as needed to perform analysis
• Experience managing complicated analytics projects from inception to completion
• Must have strong project management skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Participates in decision making in the area of loyalty analytics. Has influence on analytic methodology and direction with cross-functional project partners
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.