The performance architect is responsible to provide architectural guidance, technical recommendations to improve performance across all the macys systems. The ideal candidate will have passion for performance and will drive performance improvements in response time, capacity and scalability across all the new initiatives. Evangelize and support the performance work across all the delivery teams.
The role requires working with teams in other locations, some travel, and flexibility in schedule. The Architect will represent the collective macys.com perspective in the cross-team, cross-functional Enterprise efforts.
• Participate and review the requirements and development designs for potential performance implications and suggest the design changes if necessary
• Understand changes to the architectural landscape and their NFR/Performance implications on existing systems
• Work closely with other domain and enterprise architects, to design solutions for performance and scalability. Make sure that the changes in other domains are not impacting the performance
• Ensure timely proactive identification of performance issues, escalating issues as warranted
• Partner with various teams within and outside of macys.com to construct inclusive and concise architectural designs, roadmaps, and robust solutions in a collaborative manner
• Participate in the full SDLC (RUP/Agile), including meetings, estimations, planning and design sessions
• Deliver assignments on time, within budget and with high quality
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering required
• 3+ years direct architecture experience, including a combination of system, data, integration, and application architecture
• 5+ or more years of hands-on Java / J2EE and database programming experience
• Expert Java 5 or later knowledge
• 8+ years of performance testing, tuning and analysis experience, in the web development industry
• 5+ Years of hands on experience using APM tools like (Wily, DynaTrace, Splunk)
• Extensive understanding of architectural design patterns and their implementations
• Comprehensive understanding of network and server architecture
• Experience with deep dive performance analysis on all layers of application stack
• Hand on experience with debugging, configuration and tuning of Application server, JVM, OS and databases
• Experience with Open source frameworks
• Proven track record with high volume distributed systems
• Experience in building scalable, high performing and robust eCommerce applications (with a focus on Java)
• Well-versed in Solution Architecture, including network, data, application, system, and integration architecture
• Experience in eCommerce or retail a significant plus
• Strong estimating and planning skills
• Strong communication skills
• Able to effectively communicate and engage audiences across teams and roles
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.