We are looking for an experienced Big Data Engineer who has a passion to build data products and data systems and who will work on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data in real time. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them.
• Build real time stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm and/or Spark-Streaming
• Design, build and support pipelines of data ingestion ,transformation, conversion and validation
• Design and support effective storage and retrieval using NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
• Design and implement best practices for cloud based cluster deployments of Hadoop, Spark, and other BigData eco-system tools
• Develop architecture and design patterns to process and store high volume data sets
• Build continuous integration and test driven development environment
• Research and deploy new tools, frameworks and patterns to build a sustainable big data platform
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering required
• 7+ years of experience in large-scale software development
• 4+ years of experience with data analytics and high volume data processing
• Hands-on development experience working on large projects with Hadoop stack (HIVE, Pig, Hadoop streaming, Spark streaming) and MapReduce required
• Experience with messaging & Complex event processing systems such as Kafka, Storm and Spark
• Experience with Machine Learning algorithms a plus
• Statistical analysis with R, Python or similar a plus
• Strong object-oriented design experience, applied use of design patterns, and expert knowledge of the Java, Scala and Python technology platform
• Cluster upgrades and maintenance automation
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, good understanding of different data structures, algorithms and their usage in solving business problems
• Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
• Innovative and creative, able to champion new ideas and initiatives within an energized, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to visualize data using various web based technologies
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.