The Associate Producer of Macy’s ecommerce production team assists in the scheduling and management of content for digital media and ecommerce; tracks and communicates cross-functional / cross-campus deliverables; drives project execution, issue resolution and communications related to site environments, systems, functionality and tools. Perform other duties as assigned. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Coordinate project activities from various business partners including development, site merchandising, marketing, UX, creative, content engineers, QA, and 3rd party vendors from inception to completion.
• Create detailed implementation schedules for projects and validate/communicate to project teams. Schedules should take into account all variables that may impact a project and will often need to include contingency plans.
• Lead production owned meetings. Set meeting tone with clear objectives and thorough agenda to maximize meeting time. Record and communicate action items and manage resources to ensure follow-up and completion.
• Ensure project is launched on time and meets initial project requirements. Keep team and management notified of progress and/or deviation from project schedule (deliverables, milestone dates, resources, etc.). Be first point of contact for cross-functional business teams when content and tool issues occur. Work with appropriate teams to facilitate resolution and communicate updates to business teams.
• Manage scope change or project schedule in an effective manner. Communicate to team and manage all potential impacts.
• Assist producer and senior producer to assess all processes and looks for areas of improvement in Macys.com work flow.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BS/BA Degree or equivalent work experience
• 1-3 years detailed task planning and project execution experience
• 1-3 years digital project management experience with a strong preference for e-commerce
• 1-2 years SCRUM/Agile experience preferred
• Solid understanding of digital production and release process, including direct experience with CMS and other digital tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to comfortably work with cross-functional multi-level teams
• Able to participate in the decision-making of projects by providing a
thorough explanation of options open to stakeholders
• Able to help guide teams by making recommendations based off of previous executions or new technology available to the team
• While not managing cross-functional partners, able to manage the workload and need to ensure that project continuously moves forward
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
• Must be able to work independently within a multi-functional, multi-campus team with minimal supervision
• Candidate should be self-motivated and able to escalate issues as needed
• This position involves extended periods of sitting and extensive use of computer and other office equipment
• Must be able to view complex data for extended periods of time
• Requires regular walking, standing, lifting up to 10 lbs., hearing, and talking
• Involves close vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
• When required, must have the ability to manage the physical demands of business travel
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills, excellent follow-up and follow-through, great analytical and negotiation skills
• Ability to take initiative and lead others through ambiguous or complex projects
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.