As an Experimentation Senior Analyst, you will be part of the Marketing Analytics group and will support Macys.com’s A/B and multivariate testing programs by designing and analyzing experiments for the web site, internal agile lab teams, and other strategic marketing partners. There will be collaboration with both internal clients and technology partners. You need to be able to multi-task through stages of multiple projects and be able to deliver quality insights and impactful recommendations on a regular basis to drive business decisions and business growth.
• Design experiments, review and validate test data, conduct analysis, and report results.
• Communicate test results, insights and actionable recommendations.
• Interface with internal clients to facilitate successful experimentation projects.
• Provide technical leadership/vision and support the continued development of Macy’s best-in-class experimentation methodologies.
• Provide clients and management timely status reporting and testing plans.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Master’s degree in psychology, sociology, or economics with a quantitative research emphasis; or a quantitative/technical field such as statistics, engineering, or mathematics
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
• Responsible for calling the results of Experiments & therefore recommending what experience to put into production and offering guidance on future enhancements based on test performance. The individual often has final authority; sometimes it’s a collaborative effort with the team in critical cases. These decisions affect our internal clients
• Solid knowledge of experimentation design and inferential statistics
• Excellent multitasking ability to coordinate multiple projects and meet both scheduled and unscheduled deadlines
• This position involves regular sitting, hearing and talking
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
• Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse
• May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds
• Experience with SQL and SAS
• Other related statistical tools a plus
• 3 or more years of related experimentation or statistical analysis experience
• Experience with Internet-related projects with a background in online marketing and analytics preferred
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
• Must work well in a dynamic, collaborative, changing environment
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.