The Customer Data Science and Analytics function enables and empowers the Macy’s Marketing Team with predictive modeling, machine learning, data mining, deep behavioral insights, and advanced statistical capabilities. As a leader on this team, the Senior Manager, Customer Data Science will lead and develop a world-class multidisciplinary team to drive promotional effectiveness, discover behavioral insights, develop scalable predictive reasoning methodologies, and provide vision and leadership around advanced customer focused analytics in a ‘Big Data’ environment.
• Provide broad technical leadership and develop the team’s data science culture as well as cutting edge analytic capabilities
• Guide marketing strategies and tactics through the sophisticated analysis of consumer behaviors, loyalty programs, marketing insights, and omnichannel activity
• Serve as a passionate analytics team advocate and marketing partner to help advance solutions that drive traffic, loyalty, conversion, and retention
• Identify and champion new analytic opportunities and approaches to support sustainable market growth and sales
• Foster and evangelize a focused and pragmatic approach to using advanced analytics and new technologies to drive productivity, sales and a superior customer experience
• Guide, grow, coach, and support team. Establish clear objectives to achieve success across each team member. Recognize, encourage, and develop talent
• Collaborate with other data science leaders across the organization to share and bring best practices and benefits to Macy’s
• Assess appropriate vendor relationships related to analytical tools, technology, and data acquisition; support ‘proof-of-concepts’ that drive business success and sustained analytic growth
• Support the development of appropriate roadmaps, strategies, and budgetary plans which advocate a progressive vision for advanced analytics solutions, data and processes
• Foster strong peer and Senior/Executive-level communication
• Graduate degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Operations Research or other Quantitative field required
• Minimum 2 years of people management experience in an advanced analytics leadership role with a focus on leveraging data, advanced analytic methodologies, and appropriate statistical tools to deliver actionable insights and drive business results
• Marketing analytic experience within a omnichannel retail environment preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to present complex concepts and share insights across diverse audiences and disparate business functions
• Solid knowledge of advanced analytic and statistical methodologies, preferably in a marketing environment
• Intermediate to advanced experience using common analytic tools (SAS, SPSS, R, Python, SQL, etc.)
• Practical experience applying advanced analytics to large data sets; experience working within a ‘Big Data’ environment preferred
• Proven leadership skills with a track record of successful cross-organization collaboration
• Ability to persuade, influence, and execute innovative methods and processes within a dynamic organization
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.